How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spread the raw pecans halves on a baking sheet pan. Roast for 6 minutes or until lightly toasted. After they have cooled enough to handle, reserve a handful for decorating the top of the cookies and roughly chop the remaining pecans. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the oats. Set aside.
- In a mixer, beat together the butter and brown sugar until well combined, about 1 minute. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour mixture until just combined. Stir the chopped pecans into the batter. Chill the dough for at least 1 hour or up to overnight (the dough can also be pre-scooped and frozen for future use).
- If the oven has been turned off, preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a couple sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Scoop the heaping tablespoon sized portions of the dough onto the lined sheet pans, spacing them about 1 1/2-inches apart. Lightly press the reserved pecan halves into the tops of the cookies.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned. Let them cool for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.