These Christmas cocktails and drinks recipes are the perfect way to start the festive season; get in the Christmas spirit with our festive tipples!
champagne or Prosecco
green rimming sugar
pomegranate syrup (1/2 simple syrup* and 1/2 pomegranate juice)
*Simple syrup is equal parts sugar and water heated to slowly make a syrup. For this recipe, use 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water.
1. Take a small plate, and pour a drizzle of pomegranate syrup on the plate.
2. Then, take another plate and pour some of the rimming sugar on it.
3. “Dip” the rim of the champagne flute in the syrup so that it just coats the rim and does not drip down.
4. Now dip the flute onto the sugar. It will line the glass with a green edge.
5. Spoon a teaspoon of pomegranate seeds into the bottom of a champagne flute.
6. Pour two teaspoons of pomegranate syrup over the top of them.
7. Pop open the champagne and pour until the level is about a 1/2-inch below the sugar rim.
*Recipe courtesy of Watson’s Catering
SPARKLING POMEGRANATE COCKTAIL
Freixenet Cordon Negro Sweet Cuvee
seeds from a pomegranate
sprigs of fresh rosemary (optional)
In a champagne flute, add a tablespoon of pomegranate seeds. Then add about an ounce of pomegranate juice. Top with Freixenet! I know I say this all of the time, but it really doesn’t get easier than that. It’s festive, fun, and delicious. The small addition of the pomegranate gives a little punch to the drink. The sparkling wine is still the main event.
More recipes ->