Your Ovarian Health
Will changing your dietary habits improve your ovulatory function? The answer is yes. According to Dr Lim, studies have shown that by changing their diet and exercise habits, women with irregular or absent ovulation reduced their risk of infertility by 80 percent.
So exactly which foods contain nutrients that are required for different aspects of your ovarian health?
- Whole grains. (eg. oatmeals, beans)
- Healthy unsaturated fats.(eg. olive oil, canola oil)
- Dairy products. (eg. yoghurt, milk)
- Food rich in iron. (eg. spinach)
- Food rich in B vitamins and folate. (eg. dark leafy green vegetables and fortified grains)
- Fruits & vegetables: high antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals